Our Core Values
- EXCELLENCE - We strive to demonstrate a spirit of excellence in all that we do. Just as the Lord gave His Best for us, we give honor and show respect for the Lord, His Kingdom, and His servants by giving our highest and best in every endeavor we undertake and our best care for the property and facilities He blesses us with . This spirit of excellence not only creates an inviting atmosphere within but also elevates the surrounding community.
- GENEROSITY - As we increasingly reflect His nature, we should naturally have a desire to give. At Covenant Churches of East Texas, we give our time and talent by serving each other through volunteer ministry. We financially support the ministry of the Gospel, both inside and outside of the Covenant Churches of East Texas, through the giving of our treasure, as the Lord has blessed us.
- DIVERSITY - We believe that Jesus came to us not only so that everyone might believe but also that we could belong. We effectively minister to people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Because the Lord values and loves every person without bias or discrimination, we believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ is an inclusive message for men and women of all ethnicity, all ages, and all economic standing. The Bible clearly teaches there are no differences among those “who are in Christ Jesus.” Our desire for diversity goes beyond tolerance for one another’s differences. At Covenant Churches of East Texas, we celebrate what makes us a “coat of many colors.”
- GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT - Our goal is for all believers to discover and passionately pursue the will and purpose of God for their lives. Our multiple methods include consistent, quality teaching in our regular services, but also small group ministry. Small-group ministry provides a protected atmosphere of intimacy and closeness, and also allows the development of ministry gifts and callings. We also provide multi-media educational materials, group studies, on-going classes, and other practical methods of spiritual growth and development. When personal growth and development is pursued in the life of a believer, the Kingdom of God is directly increased and in turn influences the world.
- STRONG COMMITMENT - Strong Commitment is most evident through the demonstration of strong relationships. With that in mind, everything we do as a church body is meant to deepen one’s connection to Christ, our families, each other, and our community. In addition to regular church attendance, we strongly encourage every member to cultivate balanced, healthy friendships with other believers. We are committed to bringing positive change to our local neighborhoods and communities through local ministry and active support.